Prepare Starter [1:1:1 Process]
- Discard all but 100g of the starter into another pot and keep for other sourdough discard recipes like pancakes or pretzels.
- Add 100g tepid water and 100g flour (a mix of 50% ’00’ flour and 50% organic white rye is recommended) to the starter and mix well.
- Scrape any off the sides back into the starter using a wet rubber spatula and then seal and leave at warm room temperature for around 6-7hrs until it has peaked (around double or triple in size).
- Once peaked, give it a quick stir and it’s ready to be used for the dough.
(Once you’ve removed the amount you need for the dough recipe, seal and return the remainder to the fridge until the next batch)
Make the Dough (See the Sourdough Calculator for measurements)
- Add the water to a large bowl and add the starter straight in and mix by hand to fully dissolve it.
- Mix in the flour & salt.
- Remove from the bowl and knead for 3-4mins.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with cling film to bulk prove for 5-6hrs at room temperature.
- Ball up and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Bulk prove overnight in the fridge instead.
- Ball up the following morning and leave for 2hrs at room temperature.
- Then place in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Remove from the fridge 2-4hrs before baking to allow the dough to come to room temperature.
- Stretch out the dough and make yourself some awesome pizza!!
- Bake at 450°C / 850°F for around 60-90 seconds
This recipe is provided by pizza legend Julian Guy – @pizzaislovely