Prepare Starter [1:1:1 Process]
- Discard all but 100g of the starter into another pot and keep for other sourdough discard recipes like pancakes or pretzels.
- Add 100g tepid water and 100g flour (a mix of 50% ’00’ flour and 50% organic white rye is recommended) to the starter and mix well.
- Scrape any off the sides back into the starter using a wet rubber spatula and then seal and leave at warm room temperature for around 6-7hrs until it has peaked (around double or triple in size).
- Once peaked, give it a quick stir and it’s ready to be used for the dough.
- Use the calculator on this page to work out your ingredient quantities (200g-250g will produce a regular sized pizza).
- Measure out the water in to a large mixing bowl.
- Measure out the salt & flour seperately.
Make the Dough
- Measure out the starter straight in to the water and mix by hand to fully dissolve it.
- Mix in the flour & salt.
- Remove from the bowl and knead for 3-4mins.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with cling film to bulk prove.
Proving Option 1:
- Bulk prove for 5-6hrs at room temperature.
- Ball up and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Proving Option 2:
- Bulk prove for 10-12hrs in the fridge.
- Ball up and leave for 2hrs at room temperature.
- Place in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Remove from the fridge 2-4hrs before baking to allow the dough to come to room temperature.
- Stretch out the dough and make yourself some awesome pizza!!
- Bake at 450°C / 850°F for around 60-90 seconds
This recipe is provided by pizza legend Julian Guy – @pizzaislovely